The Madison Valley Medical Center actively engages in recruitment efforts regardless of current needs. Individuals interested in advancing their career in health care should submit a cover letter and resume to the Madison Valley Medical Center.
In 1949, a dedicated group of local citizens organized a campaign to bring resident medical services to the Madison Valley. Dr. Ron (Doc) Losee responded to the search initiative that sought to hire a physician, and when hired, was instrumental in conceptualizing a plan for a hospital. Fundraising efforts were successful and construction of the “Madison Valley Hospital” was completed in late summer of 1950.
Dr. Losee served as the first physician and Dr. Gene Wilkins, the second permanent resident medical doctor, started in December of 1964. Since then several medical professionals have served the local community.